Home | Order | Electrical Insulation | Pull Tape | Industrial Tape | History | Contact Us

Company History

1898
Founded as the Victor Tape Company in Prague, Czech Republic. The initial product was a cotton tape used as a hat band in mens and fashionable ladie's hats.

1915
Immigrated to the United States and settled in Chicago, Illinois. The company was renamed to "Chicago Printed String Company" and continued to produce industrial tape products. Pioneered the gift wrapping industry as a producer of ribbons, bows and gift wrapping paper.

1960
Relocated to Franklin, Tennessee and the name was changed to "CPS Industries". The industrial products group was named the Industrial Division of CPS Industries.

1971
CPS Industries was acquired by Papercraft Corporation, a Fortune 500 Company.

1975
CPS Industries was acquired by Arcata Corporation from Papercraft Corporation.

1978
CPS Industries was privatized by the management team of Arcata Corporation.

1988
CPS Industries was acquired by Fox Valley Corporation and once again became part of a publically traded corporation.

1989 - Present
The Industrial Division of CPS Industries was acquired by it's managing director from Fox Valley Corporation. The name was changed to Fibertek Inc. and incorporated as a Tennessee Corporation. A new manufacturing facility was constructed. Total and complete focus of Fibertek Inc. is directed toward industrial markets and products for those markets.

Copyright 2003 Fibertek Inc. All rights reserved.
P.O. Box 4000 | 305 Beasley Drive | Franklin | TN | 37065
Phone: 615.794.1400 | Fax: 615.790.8289 | info@fibertekinc.com